Ivy Tech: MY BIG FINALE

So, here at Ivy Tech in the environmental design department we do this big project which is where we get a client and they tell us their wants and needs for a home, we are given their budget and a template on which their new home is, and we design their whole house from what room is what to the furniture that they have in this house. This semester has been quite a journey I did not expect to be designing a house my first semester but I am so glad that I did. I have to say my favorite part of this is doing elevations, elevations are when you decide the layout of the room, pick one wall and draw it will all the things that would be on that wall. For instance pick the wall of your television on it, drawing it would include the television, a possible mantle, a few pictures, perhaps a chair. I am adding my floor plan as well as an elevation of my master bedroom so you can see just what I get to love about school. My motivation behind this I suppose is a little selfish I choose the things that I would like and the colors as well, but when I get out into the work force my clients will be able to tell me what I want. Unfortunately the file for my mood board, where I put all the ideas I want in the house is too large to put in this blog. What I do know about my clients is that they are purchasing this home in Indiana because they live in Chicago and will be retiring to this home in a few years, they have two grown single but looking children who will come to stay on the weekends. This couple is very active they ride their tandem bike, kayak, and this home is on the lake to accommodate for their kayaking and enjoying the outdoors. For the outside I will have a shed that will have an outdoor shower, raised garden bed on one side of the yard and beautiful trees to add for some privacy from their neighbors. 

Comments

Popular Posts